guix-devel

Re: What???s next?

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: What???s next?
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 13:37:38 -0700

Hello,

[...]

> On GuixSD, the key of hydra.gnu.org and bayfront.guixsd.org are always
> registered by default.  We cannot do that for someone installing Guix on
> a foreign distro because that involves creating a file in /etc.

The bayfront key is now registered by default? Does it mean that
bayfront is ready to be part of the `%default-substitute-urls'? It
doesn't seem to be the case currently:

(define %default-substitute-urls
  ;; Default list of substituters.  This is *not* the list baked in
  ;; 'guix-daemon', but it is used by 'guix-service-type' and and a couple of
  ;; clients ('guix build --log-file' uses it.)
  (map (if (false-if-exception (resolve-interface '(gnutls)))
           (cut string-append "https://"; <>)
           (cut string-append "http://"; <>))
       '("mirror.hydra.gnu.org")))

Maxim