guix-devel

In need for a simple "join build container"

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: In need for a simple "join build container"
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 13:21:17 +0200

Hi,

I find myself debugging some package test-cases quite often. This is
*very* time-consuming, esp. if compiling the source takes several minutes.

So what I need is something to drop me into an interactive shell if the
build fails.

At the moment for these cases I try setting of an environment (see my
other post just a few minutes ago). But this setup is quite complicated
(so I wrote a wrapper-shell-script) and error-prone. And I assume,
others packagers will need this, too.

My ideal solution would be something like

    guix build --shell-on-failure mypackage

Should I open a bug-report for this?

--
Regards