guix-devel

Re: Serial line lock directory

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: Serial line lock directory
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 23:58:53 -0700

Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to package minicom and there I get an error message
>
>   checking for com line lock directory... configure: error: No suitable lock
> directory
>
> ... which was checking for a (common) directory to put a file in (as a
> marker) when a serial device is in use (and removing the file to free the
> serial device).  This is supposed to prevent multiple different programs
> accidentally using the same serial line.
>
> Where and how should this be done in Guix?

That sounds like a directory which should exist in the localstatedir
(info '(standards) Directory Variables').  I haven't looked closely at
the package, but your package definition makes it look like it's using a
GNU build system, so hopefully it provides a way to configure the
value used for the localstatedir.

--
Chris