guix-devel

Re: new manifest format readers?

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: new manifest format readers?
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 15:09:26 +0200

Hi Ricardo,

> It’s not bad, but when a person uses specification strings they really
> just care about the package names and versions.

I recently introduced Guix to some friends and writting a manifest is
one of the first task as a Guix user.

Explaining them "specification->package+output", "packages->manifest" and the
concept of multiple values in Guile was a bit tough.

So I would be in favor of adding guix package the ability to parse
manifest.json, manifest.yaml, or manifest.whatever format !

Mathieu