guix-devel

Guix libification.

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Guix libification.
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 12:08:21 +0200

Hi Guix,

This is a subject that may have been already discussed but I can't find
any archive.

At work, we are using the (quite unpleasant) google "repo" tool to
manage multiple git repositories. As there are no real alternatives to
this tool I'm rewriting some parts of "repo" in Guile, using guile-git.

The script is becoming bigger and some parts of Guix would be really
handy : (guix records), (guix workers), (guix utils) ...

I don't want Guix to become a dependency of my script but copying parts
of Guix in not great either. So I'm wondering if some parts of Guix,
useful to other guile projects could be integrated to a lib, guile-lib
for instance ?

Thanks,

Mathieu