guix-devel

… which cannot be found in RUNPATH

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: … which cannot be found in RUNPATH
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 08:44:56 +0200

Hi guix!

I have a package installing a lib as …/lib/plasma/libDiscoverCommon.so
and a second lib as …/lib/other/lib.so.

Building and linking works fine, but phase `validate-runpath' fails with:

"…/other/lib.so depends on 'libDiscoverCommon.so', which cannot be found
in RUNPATH".

I  checked the RUNPATH shown in this error-message and it includes the
correct output of this package. But the RUNPATH only includes "…/lib",
not "…/lib/plasma" – I don't know if this matters.

It is one of the KDE packages, using the cmake-build-system, which did
not show this kind of errors (for me).  libDiscoverCommon.so was
installed to the correct output of this package.

I tried setting linker flags, as I've seen in other packages, but this
did not help.

How to solve this?

--
Regards