guix-devel

Re: Guix pull failure for Python 2.7.11

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: Re: Guix pull failure for Python 2.7.11
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 11:34:07 +0200

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I had installed Guix 7 or 8 months ago and hadn't updated it since then.

Thank you also for explaining about the internet connection and also how to download the binaries. Indeed, downloading the source and configuring, building, installing and testing every package took a lot of time! Downloading binaries would be much more convenient.

I was also surprized why this older version of Python (and many other packages) is being used! I hadn't changed any default setting when I installed Guix, so I don't know why it is not updating Guix itself.

But I must confess, I still haven't had the chance to read the manual (and understand things better) as fully as I like. I really like the Guix approach to package management, I just don't have the time to go into the details now.

Soon, I will uninstall the current version of Guix on my system and install the new one.

Thanks again for all the great work on Guix,
Cheers,
Mohammad