guix-devel

Xorg tearing fix on Intel HD Graphics 4000

From: Roel Janssen
Subject: Xorg tearing fix on Intel HD Graphics 4000
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 09:55:46 +0200

Dear Guix,

For a long time now, I have a tearing issue on GuixSD (parts of the
screen do not get updated while others do, resulting in dissapearing
text in Emacs).

With the following patch to the Xorg configuration file, I have a
tear-free GuixSD experience.  I wonder if this is upstreameable in some
way.  This patch is probably too broad in effect.  Can I change it so
that only the graphics card I have will be affected by this patch?

Kind regards,
Roel Janssen