guix-devel

Re: Graphical Installer - Call for Testing.

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: Graphical Installer - Call for Testing.
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 08:13:00 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 06 Jul 2017 21:48:47 -0700
Chris Marusich <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is the wip-installer-2 branch the one I should test with now?

Yes, if you want :)

>  What's the difference between the wip-installer and
> wip-installer-2 branches?

I didn't want to fuck up the wip-installer branch so I created a new one
starting from master, merged all the wip-installer commits into wip-installer-2
as far as possible (took a lot of manual conflict resolution) and edited the
branch until the installer worked again.  Then I added some new stuff.

>  What steps should I take to create a disk
> image with the installer (or is a testable image available already)?

Good question.  I'm not sure.

John adapted the gnu/system/install.scm - installation-os to add an invocation
of the graphical installer.

Hydra does (system-disk-image installation-os
                                          #:disk-image-size
                                          (* 1024 MiB))))).

Try doing the same in the Guile interpreter, like so:

guile -L .
,use (gnu system vm)
,use (gnu system install)
(system-disk-image installation-os #:disk-image-size (* 1024 MiB)))))

But I think that's a monadic value and one would still call run-with-store with
some store and the result?