guix-devel

Re: Seeking PHP "Hello World" project (or other simple example)

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: Seeking PHP "Hello World" project (or other simple example)
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2017 10:24:35 -0300

I also keep my distance from PHP. :)

Although I know very few about it, and have programmed in it in the
past, I prefer GNU Artanis, because it allows me to use Guile Scheme for
doing sites, for which I'm getting familiar with, although I didn't make
any website yet.

Also, various researches show that Guile Scheme is better for
server-side scripting because there is little drawback from loops. One
comparison can be seen by viewing the info page for GNU Serveez (which
is a multi-purpose server-creation-and-usage framework, which also
happens to provide an http server for use, although GNU Artanis is more
actively maintained (and perhaps more customizable? I don't know for
sure), but GNU Serveez is more easy to setup in my opinion).