guix-devel

Re: 34/44: gnu: Add texlive-fonts-ec.

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: 34/44: gnu: Add texlive-fonts-ec.
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 12:51:54 -0400

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> This message seems to indicate that:
>
>> svn: E000110: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
>> 'svn://www.tug.org/texlive/tags/texlive-2017.1/Master/texmf-dist/fonts/source/jknappen/ec'
>> svn: E000110: Unknown hostname 'www.tug.org'
>
> I’ve tried downloading this directory again and I get the same hash as
> before.  Maybe it was a temporary problem?

You're right.  It worked on a second attempt.

Given the error message above, I would have expected 'svn' to return a
non-zero status code, and for that error to be noticed by Guix before
trying to verify the hash.  I guess something failed to propagate the
error.  I looked at the relevant code in Guix, but didn't see anything
obviously wrong with it.  Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter much,
since checking the hash is the ultimate test.

     Thanks,
       Mark