guix-devel

Re: Installer, ISO9660, etc.

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: Installer, ISO9660, etc.
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 12:13:06 +0200

Hi Ludo,

On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 11:23:46 +0200
address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:

> Is it really a problem to always have a partition table?

The ISO9660 filesystem code doesn't find its primary volume descriptor when
it's looking for it on the (fake) partition.  (I'm not sure what the fake
partition is for in the first place).

But /proc/partitions would have contained "sda" itself, Guix just filters it
out.

Of course we could special-case ISO9660 - but even easier (and less surprising)
would be to just use /proc/partitions as-is and not fiddle with it (ok, maybe
filter out the ram disks - not sure what that's about).

WDYT?