guix-devel

Re: self hosting hardware

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: self hosting hardware
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 15:34:33 +0200

Catonano <address@hidden> writes:

> Let's say I just want statiic web sites, a mail server and an IRC bouncher
>
> That is: let's talk about hardware. That's where I need help

I’m using a Samsung N148 netbook for elephly.net.  I don’t run a mail
server, but I use it for XMPP, IRC bouncer, static web sites, git
server, Tor, etc.

It’s small (thinner than my router), cheap (if you can still get it),
and it has an Intel Atom CPU, so it doesn’t consume much.  It’s i686
with limited RAM, so at the moment it’s barely enough to compile Guix,
but I hope we can fix this before the next release will be out.

The hardware works fine with GuixSD, as far as I can tell.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net