guix-devel

Re: Rails

From: Ben Woodcroft
Subject: Re: Rails
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 19:42:10 +1000

On 12/07/17 18:47, ng0 wrote:
Pjotr Prins transcribed 0.4K bytes:
On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 08:03:48AM +0000, ng0 wrote:
While I was working on it (or occasionally do) I wonder why we have so
little rails packages? What happened there?
Ruby support is great in Guix. But we don't use Rails much, yet. Dave
started packaging some time back, but not sure what happened. We also
need it for Arvados - Fred is working on that.

Pj.

Ah! Good to know. I have some packages in a dirty branch, I just need to
figure out the right order. at the moment it's just one file and the top
view are about 40 rails packages I guess.
There is actually a branch wip-rails on savannah that boots rails. It is somewhat dated, and needs some overall work (removal of unused packages, to start). Help is welcome - I won't be able to get to this for a few months at least.

Many of the packages you list ng0 are in that branch, or already in Guix.

ben