guix-devel

Re: Unprivileged /gnu/store with PRoot

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Unprivileged /gnu/store with PRoot
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 18:09:21 +0200

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 02:51:00PM +0200, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> >    error: failed to run download program
> > '/home/user/opt/local/libexec/guix/download': No such file or directory
> >
> > That file actually exists in the proot environment
> >
> >    ls -l /home/user/opt/local/libexec/guix/download
> >    -rwxr-xr-x 1 user 502 281 Jul 16 08:11
> > /home/user/opt/local/libexec/guix/download
>
> If you read my document you'll see I have been running guix in proot
> with success. I only want to use a different store now.

Fixed. The problem is that /bin/bash would not load from the download
script (even though it exists and /bin/bash starts a shell. Oh wait, I
did not bind /lib in proot - ayeee). Replacing that with a store bash
path it started downloading in proot into a new store path.

Hopefully a last hurdle. Cross fingers!

Pj.