guix-devel

collaboration from students of a technical school

From: Quiliro Ordonez Baca
Subject: collaboration from students of a technical school
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 17:27:06 -0500

I spoke with the director of a technical school (small universtity) that
offers degrees in computer science. He said he could establish collaboration in
free software projects as part of the syllabus for the students. I could ask
them to contribute to Guix.
What tasks should I ask them to do? They
must collaborate between 80, 120 and 800 hours before graduating,
depending on their area of study. There are students of languages
too. Perhaps they can add the descriptions to the packages. Maybe
editorial contributions to the manual or contributing to the
translations.  Descriptions could indeed be translated:
LANG=fr_FR.utf-8 guix package --show=hello

We could also ask them to have a hydra mirror or another server for
Guix.

It would be nice to have a list of TODO tasks...with knowledge
dependencies specified in order to have them done by contributors. I
think that easy tasks are a great way to help motivate people to learn
more in order to contribute with the harder tasks later. Is there a
place where tasks are described?