guix-devel

Re: ISO-9660 image working and ready

From: Adam Van Ymeren
Subject: Re: ISO-9660 image working and ready
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 22:34:34 -0400

Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Ludo,
>
> On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 15:41:26 +0200
> address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:
>
>> Would you like to update the ‘release’ Makefile.am target as well as
>> “System Installation” in guix.texi to reflect that?
>
> Sure, but if possible, let's make sure that the image is tested in all
> cases first.  I hope someone tests the image on a real EFI computer
> again.  (It works in qemu - but with the complexity of the EFI
> specification and all I'd rather someone burned it to DVD and tried to
> boot from it)

No luck booting the prodced guixsd.iso burned to a DVD on my UEFI
system.  It does boot fine if I disable UEFI boot.

That being said, it's possible that my system just doesn't supporting
booting from DVDs in UEFI mode.  I'm going to try to rule that out by
finding some other iso reported to work on UEFI systems.