guix-devel

Re: Is font-google-noto toooooo big as a font package?

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Is font-google-noto toooooo big as a font package?
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 12:40:17 +0000

Ludovic Courtès transcribed 0.2K bytes:
> Hello,
>
> tumashu <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > the first thing is improve font-build-system to support split package easy
>
> Good point, though I think we also need to find out how we would split
> it, which may not be that simple.
>
> Ludo’.

noto-cjk is offered in different packages and blends:
https://www.google.com/get/noto/help/cjk
noto itself is offered on the website in many different
blends aswell:
https://www.google.com/get/noto/

By the way, this is totally unversioned. Is our only way
to know that noto has been updated by our package reporting
a hash missmatch? Looks to me like it is.
Should we store the fonts somewhere versioned as a fallback?
--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588