guix-devel

Re: Is font-google-noto toooooo big as a font package?

From: tumashu
Subject: Re: Is font-google-noto toooooo big as a font package?
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 07:03:48 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

I like this idea

发自网易邮箱大师

2017年07月20日 06:50ng0 写道:
Ludovic Courtès transcribed 0.7K bytes:
> ng0 <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > Ludovic Courtès transcribed 0.2K bytes:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> tumashu <address@hidden> skribis:

> >> Good point, though I think we also need to find out how we would split
> >> it, which may not be that simple.
> >>
> >> Ludo’.
> >>

> > noto-cjk is offered in different packages and blends:
> > https://www.google.com/get/noto/help/cjk
> > noto itself is offered on the website in many different
> > blends aswell:
> > https://www.google.com/get/noto/
>
> So maybe we could make the CJK part a different output or a different
> package?
>
> Ludo’.

Depending on how active the sources change (I see no version in the
names of the files) we could take every part and move it to their own
package, and let "google-font-noto" became a metapackage for those who
need/want the entire set.
Even cjk can be a meta set, as all the CJK fonts are split.
--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588