guix-devel

Re: npm (mitigation)

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: npm (mitigation)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 08:37:58 +0200

Catonano <address@hidden> writes:

>> I am currently working on a guile version of what Sander did for Nix for
>> importing entire npm dependency trees, but this will likely lead to lots of
>> programmatically
>> defined packages instead of the guix approach of mostly-manually defining
>> each package.
>>

> What ? Who is Sander ans what did the do for Nix ?

Jelle is referring to the work by Sander van der Burg, who presented
“Deploying NPM packages with the Nix package manager” at FOSDEM 2017.

Here’s the video:

    https://video.fosdem.org/2017/K.4.601/deploying_npm_packages_with_nix.vp8.webm

Yes, thanks to the both of you

Also his blog posts are enlightening but I must confess that I'm not sure I can wrap my mind around the issue

It's larger and more nuanced than it looks like

I'll read some more about it in the next days

Thanks Jelle for the pointers