guix-devel

Re: Thunderbird

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Thunderbird
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 17:31:17 +0000

Hi,

Adonay Felipe Nogueira transcribed 1.2K bytes:
> The existence of Icedove and absense of Thunderbird in the following
> places tell me that the major issues aren't solved yet:
>
> - [[https://www.parabola.nu/packages/?q=thunderbird]].
>
> -
>   [[https://devel.trisquel.info/trisquel/package-helpers/tree/flidas]]. Flidas
>   is the codename of the upcoming Trisquel 8.
>
> - [[https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Icedove]]. Also,
>   [[https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Thunderbird]] redirects to the first
>   one.
>
> As a plus, go to
> [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/List_of_software_that_does_not_respect_the_Free_System_Distribution_Guidelines]],
> and *search* for Thunderbird (the links to it in the table of contents
> don't work well, you have to search for it).

Which major issues? I asked for issues which might exists,
the libreplanet.org wiki is notoriously lacking content most
of the time or lagging behind and directory.fsf.org isn't
up to date aswell for most of the software present there.

I'd like to get input on this mailinglist what you consider
to be major (and minor) issues.

Just for the libreplanet list:
"Problem: Recommends non-free software (extensions) and non-free searchplugins.
"
This is the one problem I am going to address which I know of and it is easy
to fix in the package receipe.
--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588