guix-devel

NetworkManager instead of Wicd in ‘%desktop-services’?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: NetworkManager instead of Wicd in ‘%desktop-services’?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 16:50:58 +0200

Hello Guix!

Shouldn’t we replace Wicd with NetworkManager in ‘%desktop-services’?

I’ve given it a try on a GuixSD GNOME installation and it appears to
work well, and it’s obviously well-integrated with GNOME, whereas Wicd
is a bit hidden (one has to know what to look for) and “foreign.”

Thoughts?

Now, as someone who doesn’t use GNOME, I wonder if NM would work well
for me.  Last time I tried it’s CLI was too low-level to be usable, and
I don’t remember seeing a curses interface.  Suggestions?

Thanks,
Ludo’.