guix-devel

Small documentation improvements

From: Martin H.
Subject: Small documentation improvements
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2017 01:02:55 +0200

Hi,

I've pulled my hair out because I wasn't able to build any package. Turns out the following line at "Running Guix Before It Is Installed" (https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Running-Guix-Before-It-Is-Installed.html#Running-Guix-Before-It-Is-Installed):

$ sudo ./pre-inst-env guix-daemon --build-users-group=guixbuild

should rather be

$ sudo -E ./pre-inst-env guix-daemon --build-users-group=guixbuild

Otherwise the daemon won't have the GUILE_LOAD_PATH set correctly. At least when running this from a user checkout of Guix on a GuixSD system.

Best
Martin