guix-devel

Re: GNUsocial package?

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: Re: GNUsocial package?
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 13:34:02 +0530

> Do we have someone among us who has GNUsocial admin/setup
> experience who could make a statement on the installation
> process?

I have been running a GNU Social instance for 1.5 years now. To install,
I just cloned the git repo, and set up nginx with the proper document
root.

However, GNU Social requires some folders (such as file/) to be
writable. It puts uploaded media files, among other things, in those
directories. How would Guix handle this? In Guix, the entire package is
in the store, and the store is read-only.