guix-devel

Re: GSoC final update

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: GSoC final update
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 10:32:15 +0200

On Tue 29 Aug 2017 09:44, Caleb Ristvedt <address@hidden> writes:

> <Digression> I found myself checking the guile reference quite
> frequently. One time I happened upon a part describing the ECMAScript
> implementation (curiosity and all that), and noticed that several times
> it was mentioned how irresponsible the implementor was. That scared me
> probably more than it should have. By all objective criteria, I have
> failed in this project, and it frightens me to think that, nice as the
> community is, I could screw up badly enough to end up a footnote
> somewhere as an example of what not to be. That fear pretty much sums up
> my mental state during the second half of the summer.</Digression>

LOL I wrote that about myself :-) As in, the ECMAScript implementation
was mostly mine, and its faults were mine, and I documented that and
moved on.  It would be nice to fix some day but it takes time; in the
meantime I just wanted to moderate peoples' expectations.  Apologies if
that language made you feel intimidated, the intention was precisely the
opposite.

Happy hacking! :-)

Andy