guix-devel

[go-build-system] How to access properties or keys of a package on the b

From: Frederick Muriithi
Subject: [go-build-system] How to access properties or keys of a package on the build side?
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 15:54:40 +0300

Maybe the following will help clarify the issue:

The package being built needs the sources of the dependenc(y/ies) to
be available in its GOPATH.

The build system needs to set the GOPATH such that the Go build system
will find the the dependencies and build against them.

I have a repository[1] where I'm currently working on definitions for
IPFS before translating them for mainline guix.
If you checkout commit f7f97edc635381384c3532eb8a2bd92cf10a5ac9 and
look at the code there, you can see that I manually set up GOPATH in
the build of go-log so that it can find go-logging (the modified
version[2]).

Now, when building, you need to lay out the code such that go is able
to find everything, and in my code, I do that manually in the
"setup-go-workspace" phase.

I hope this will help clarify issues a bit.

[1] (https://github.com/fredmanglis/guix-ipfs)
[1] (https://github.com/whyrusleeping/go-logging)

--
Frederick M. Muriithi