guix-devel

Re: The future of 'guix environment'

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: The future of 'guix environment'
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 09:18:47 +0200

Thompson, David writes:

> Hi all, been awhile!

Hi David!

Great suggestions all!  I use guix environment heavily and like it a
lot.

> 4) Make 'guix environment' with no other args operate like 'guix
> environment --cache --load=guix.scm'.  'guix.scm' is a placeholder
> name for whatever we decide the conventional name for an environment
> config should be.

Wouldn't that be

    guix environment --cache --dependencies --load=guix.scm

I have been using an ugly hack to switch profiles (or environments; look
at $GUIX_ENVIRONMENT) in Emacs, see attached.  As discussed briefly on
irc yesterday are various ways this could go: use emacs-direnv, read the
manifest file in elisp, use guix repl to read it..etc

Greetings,
janneke

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com