guix-devel

Re: How to package gnucash-docs

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: How to package gnucash-docs
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2017 10:33:57 +0200

Hello!

Chris Marusich <address@hidden> skribis:

> First, "make check" fails because xmllint tries to look up a DTD on the
> Internet when validating the XML for dozens of documents.

Usually it’s a matter of defining XML_CATALOG_FILES (which happens
automatically if libxml2 is an input), or something similar.  If you
grep gnu/packages/*.scm, you’ll find instances of this that either add
libxml2 as an input, or modify the XML DTD URL to refer to the local
DTD.

> Second, I'm not sure if gnucash-docs should exist as a separate package
> in Guix.  I feel like it would be nicer if I could just add this as a
> "doc" output of the gnucash package.  How can I accomplish that?

If upstream makes it a separate package, I think it’s OK to make it a
separate package too.

Now, if you really want to make it a single package, it’s also possible,
by simply adding extra phases in ‘gnucash’ to build the doc.

HTH!

Ludo’.