guix-devel

“Code Staging in GNU Guix”

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: “Code Staging in GNU Guix”
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2017 16:38:13 +0200

Hello Guix!

I wrote a recap of G-expressions, how we got there, and how they differ
from related work that I’ll have the pleasure to present at GPCE¹ in
Vancouver end of October:

  https://hal.inria.fr/hal-01580582/en

(The web site rebuilt the PDF from LaTeX source and that led to a weird
layout, different from what I had.  Talk about reproducibility…)

If you’ve been following gexps all along, it will look familiar.  One of
the new things in there is the discussion of “hygiene” (scope
preservation) for gexps, which I mentioned earlier².

At least one of the anonymous reviewers appears to be a
Scheme/Lisp/staging expert and made very detailed comments and
suggestions, so I’m sure we’ll have interesting discussions there.  :-)

Ludo’.

¹ https://conf.researchr.org/home/gpce-2017
² https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-07/msg00181.html