guix-devel

Re: guix pull via cgit odd behavior or [guile-git] limitations?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: guix pull via cgit odd behavior or [guile-git] limitations?
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 20:49:44 +0200

Ludovic Courtès writes:

>> I am struggling* to get going again with Cuirrass and suspect a similar
>> thing.  On http:// urls with Cuirrass I now get
>>
>>     Git error: no Content-Type header in response
>
> Weird, I wonder why libgit2 insists on having Content-Type.

Okay.  libgit2 does not support dumb http and `it never will'.

    https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2sharp/issues/1094#issuecomment-112306072

That means the new cuirass lost dumb http support, possibly something to mention
in the manual.

>> * cuirass' guix envronment -l guix.scm is broken, cuirass package runs a
>>   script before patch-shebanging; the spec examples in the manual lacks
>>   a (list (quote ..)...
>
> Please report these issues and/or send a patch!  :-)

I added smart http to our git server and now have cuirass somewhat
going...intend to send some patches soon.

janneke

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com