guix-devel

Re: ‘guix pack’ & entry point

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: ‘guix pack’ & entry point
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:58:23 +0200

> Bonus: what would the tarball backend do with the entry point?  Ignore it?

It should end up as a script in the tarball IMO.

Maybe we want a more general feature here.  For example, we had the
problem that /etc/environment is not actually sourced by default.  Maybe
what we need is a way to start services that are then configured like
any other shepherd service…?  Or is this too much?

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net