guix-devel

Re: LibreOffice Fonts

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: LibreOffice Fonts
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2017 16:12:55 +0200

Maxim Cournoyer <address@hidden> skribis:

> ng0 <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> What about an fontcache-service that basically
>> is mcron running daily "fc-cache -f"
>> or even "fc-cache -fr"?
>
> Is there no way to provide it the way it should, i.e. as a
> profile hook? I understand the issue that the cache generated would be
> read-only, but that cache would be in the system and users running
> fc-cache themselves would produce cache in their $HOME, so I don't
> immediately see an issue there (other than I haven't had time yet to
> look into it -- it's on my TODO).

We could have a profile hook that creates the cache, but how would we
arrange to have ~/.cache/fontconfig pointing to the right thing?

I mean ‘guix package’ could modify ~/.cache/fontconfig, but that’s not
something we’ve done until now (‘guix package’ only touches
~/.guix-profile and /var/guix/profiles.)

Thoughts?

Ludo’.