guix-devel

GuixSD on PXE (was: Do we really need our own installer?)

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: GuixSD on PXE (was: Do we really need our own installer?)
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2017 12:09:03 -0300

Should we really have instructions to do so?

There are two possibilities:

- One uses GuixSD with PXE to access his own computer. No services like
  "Internet caffe" or "thin clients" are provided *to* third-parties.

- Someone decides to use GuixSD in PXE to provide the services described
  in the previous item.

One option would also involve discouraging the second item, with a link
to the address given in the next paragraph.

For more detail, see
<https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html>.

--
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com