guix-devel

Re: SGE-Pygame mysteriously downgraded on PyPI

From: Kei Kebreau
Subject: Re: SGE-Pygame mysteriously downgraded on PyPI
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2017 12:49:56 -0400

> Hi!
>
> Kei Kebreau <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it seems that our
>> sge-pygame package is failing to build because the package version on
>> PyPI has downgraded from 1.5.1 to 1.5.
>
> How can that downgrade lead to a build failure of our package though?

Our sge-pygame definition uses the source code from PyPI, not from GNU
Savannah and its mirrors where the project seems to be hosted. Because version
1.5.1 is no longer available from PyPI servers, our package fails to
build.

I can change the definition to get the tarball from Savannah and its
mirrors because we already do that for python-xsge, a similar package by
the same developer.