guix-devel

Reproducible Build Summit, Oct. 31st, Berlin

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Reproducible Build Summit, Oct. 31st, Berlin
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 11:07:20 +0200

Hello Guix!

Sorry for the late notice: the Reproducible Build Summit will take place
from Oct. 31st to Nov. 2nd in Berlin this year:

  https://reproducible-builds.org/events/berlin2017/

In the two previous editions, there were always 2 or 3 Guix there:
Manolis, John, Ricardo, and myself participated.  I won’t be able to
make it this year, but it would be sad if Guix were missing, especially
since there’s been quite a few people working on reproducibility in
Guix.  Please let us know if you’d like to come!

I’ve really enjoyed the previous summits.  It’s a great way to discuss
reproducibility with other projects, share each project’s view, and
discuss the way forward.

Among the forward-looking sessions we had last year was how we could
make reproducible builds directly “visible” and “useful” to users (I
think <https://bugs.gnu.org/28324> and ‘guix challenge’ are examples of
that), and how we can address the problem of opaque bootstrap binaries
(which led to Ricardo’s work on Java and Haskell bootstrapping, the
bootstrappable.org web site, and meshes well with the
independently-started effort around Mes/stage0!).

So, who’s in?  :-)

Ludo’.