guix-devel

Re: Browsing Guix (or any) lists with Gmane

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Browsing Guix (or any) lists with Gmane
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 11:04:04 -0400

Hello Adonay!

Adonay Felipe Nogueira <address@hidden> writes:

> Interesting...
>
> I wonder if this can be combined with the current Namazu instance? I ask
> because we also have Namazu which allows searching, and which I think is
> also provided by the provider who hosts this mailing list.

I don't know! But it seems they are planning to use ElasticSearch[1] to
provide a search engine, as explained on their blog [2]:

    Mid August we received a disk from Lars with the Gmane spool on
    it. We had already decided to go with ElasticSearch for the document
    store, it gives us great scalability and as we rebuild the site it
    will allow us to have a fast search engine.

Maxim

[1]  https://www.elastic.co/
[2]  http://home.gmane.org/