guix-devel

Re: Adopt a patch!

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Adopt a patch!
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 21:26:25 +0000

Ludovic Courtès transcribed 1.0K bytes:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I understand and sympathize with your arguments.  In fact, this has been
> a long running theme, and we discussed it at last year’s FOSDEM at
> length.  :-)
>
> Thomas Danckaert <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > So I do see the appeal of something like gitlab, but I also wonder how
> > it could be integrated in the current workflow.  I think it could help
> > a lot if debbugs took some ideas from github/gitlab, but I don't think
> > debbugs is actively worked on?
>
> At FOSDEM, while we have having a drink late at night, someone said
> “Let’s just write a nice Web interface to Debbugs in Guile!”, and we
> were all like “Yeah, let’s do that!”.  But of course on the next
> morning, we were all thinking about something else already.  ;-)
>
> So, I don’t know!  I’m still open to experimenting with a local
> GitLab/Kallithea/whatever instance.  If someone writes packages and a
> GuixSD service, that could be easy.  Hint, hint!  :-)
>
> Ludo’.

I would not bet on Kallithea. I hope it changes, but it seemed not
very active. Responsive (the team), but last time I tried working
on it was 6 months ago.

Pagure is a Fedora/Red-Hat project. Seems promising, although a bit
early. It seems functional enough for Fedora, and so far it's the
only one I would use.

There's a ton more we looked at. Building Gitlab from source is
supposedly harder than pagure, as pagure just depends on python
modules. I should pick up this branch again. If you don't mind the
wait, I could arrange this after the majority of the current task
is done.

Of course anyone could pull from my remote and work on pagure ;)
--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588