guix-devel

Cuirass HTTP API

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Cuirass HTTP API
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 18:08:19 +0200

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 02:56:38PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> From the maintainer’s viewpoint, it just stresses that we must keep
>> going with the efforts to improve our build infrastructure.  Currently
>> that has only benefited x86, but perhaps now is a good time to plug our
>> ARM boxes behind berlin.guixsd.org, for a start.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> What sort of interface do we have for querying berlin.guixsd.org's
> evalutions (to borrow the Hydra term)?
>
> Is it just `guix weather`, or is there some sort of historical
> continuous integration view as with the Hydra interface?

Thanks to Mathieu Othacehe, Cuirass now supports a subset of the HTTP
API of Hydra.  Currently the only interface to that is Emacs-Guix, but
we could/should write JavaScript code that does that; any takers?  :-)

So currently we can do:

  M-x guix-hydra-latest-builds

… and from there browse builds, view their status, etc.

We have yet to add support for viewing build logs (!) to ‘guix publish’
and/or Cuirass.

> For all the frustrations with Hydra, it's still invaluable to be able to
> compare evaluations and look at things like "newly failing jobs", and to
> share hyperlinks with each other.

Agreed.  We’re not there yet, but that’s not insurmountable.

BTW, there’s the possibility of a master’s or internship project at the
MDC (Berlin, DE) with Ricardo around Cuirass:

  http://bioinformatics.mdc-berlin.de/mastersprojects.html

I may also be able to recruit a master student or an intern at Inria
(Bordeaux, FR), possibly to work in this area.

If anyone is interested, please let us know!

Ludo’.