guix-devel

Re: 01/04: gnu: mesa: Disable imx driver for armhf-linux.

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: 01/04: gnu: mesa: Disable imx driver for armhf-linux.
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 15:53:00 +0200

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe if one has a fast enough x86_64 computer, they could virtualize an
> armhf test machine.

Last time I tried building Java for armhf I tried virtualising on my
workstation in the office, but it was terribly slow.  It took about 4
days to compile the icedtea package (that was before the bootstrapping
work, which increased the number of packages that would have to be
built).

AFAIU we can only use the qemu arm emulator, which does not benefit from
KVM and has a pretty low upper memory limit.

Tricky.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net