guix-devel

Re: IcedTea is not linking correctly with libjvm.so

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: IcedTea is not linking correctly with libjvm.so
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 13:38:04 -0700

Roel Janssen <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. Fix the recipe to make sure libjvm.so is found, and thus libnet.so is
> linked correctly.
>
> 2. Copy or make a symlink of libjvm.so to the parent directory
>    (lib/amd64), where the other libraries are.  Maybe then libnet.so can
>    find libjvm.so.

(1) seems better than (2) if possible, but either of those solutions
seem OK to me.  But to be honest, I don't understand why this isn't a
problem for icedtea outside of Guix.  What are we doing that is
different which prevents the library from being found?

Solution (3) feels like more of a hack than (2), so I'm not sure about
it.  Maybe other have other opinions?

--
Chris