guix-devel

Re: NFS mounts

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: NFS mounts
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 10:29:29 +0100

Howdy Konrad,

Konrad Hinsen <address@hidden> skribis:

>> Could you test it in a VM, pass “console=ttyS0” as a kernel argument,
>> and “-serial stdio” so that we see all the messages on the console?
>
> It took a while, but here it is. My config.scm is attached as well.

[...]

>                      (file-system
>                          (device "192.168.56.1:/home/hinsen")
>                          (check? #f)
>                          (mount-point "/host/home/hinsen")
>                          (create-mount-point? #t)
>                          (type "nfs"))

By default, file systems are automatically mounted at boot time.  To
avoid that, you must add:

  (mount? #f)

> failed to start service 'file-systems'
> failed to start service 'file-system-/host/home/hinsen'

This is the crux of the problem: it tried and failed to mount this file
system, so everything else failed as well (because the ‘file-systems’
service is an essential requirement.)

This is not a great failure mode, but it’s expected here.

HTH!

Ludo’.