guix-devel

Re: Let's build 'core-updates'!

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Let's build 'core-updates'!
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 23:29:17 +0200

On Thu, Nov 02, 2017 at 09:33:02PM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote:
> Hello!
>
> 'core-updates' is a month overdue, so now is a good time to start it.
>
> We are still missing the "binutils" update.  Efraim, do you remember
> what the issue with 2.29 was?

binutils-boot0 built fine, I don't remember what the next -boot0 package
was, but it failed completely so I reverted it. I was also worried about
all the CVEs showing up, and the couple that I checked didn't affect
2.28.1.

> Is there anything else we should consider this round?  Maybe the
> automatic wrapping from <https://bugs.gnu.org/27003>?

We should update cmake. It would also be nice if we could get rid of
some of libjpeg-8 and other similar older versions, but that's something
that can wait for the next round if need be. We've already added the
python update branch in, so we should make sure to update the packages
like pytest to only have the later version. If we have any more packages
without modify-phases that can be taken care of also.

I'm currently building out to gtk+ and address@hidden on aarch64 to see how
everything goes.

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר