guix-devel

Re: Status update on reproducible builds in Guix

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Status update on reproducible builds in Guix
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 12:47:03 +0100

Ok, I think we should try the patch the bytecode complier way.
WDYT?

Rekado mentioned that setting the times would be an easier way to go, but breaks some tests...
I guess they were also discussing options on irc.
You are right, backporting does not seem to be a good option here.

Regarding message of ng0:
Debian does not ship pyc files, they compile  them at install time, so this reproducibility issue does not affect them.