guix-devel

Re: EOMA68-A20 preproduction unit for dev work

From: Adam Van Ymeren
Subject: Re: EOMA68-A20 preproduction unit for dev work
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:01:36 +0700

On 10 November 2017 07:35:50 GMT+07:00, Eric Bavier <address@hidden> wrote:
>Hello Guix,
>
>There may be an opportunity to get a preproduction EOMA68-A20 unit from
>lkcl.  He'd like them to be used for either hardware or software
>development.  I'm not sure that I have the time or necessary experience
>to help in that way myself, but I'd like to still support the project
>and I'd really like to see Guix(SD) up and running there.
>
>I know we already have a few people here who have been working on
>arm/aarch64 things.  If anyone is interested in working towards
>Guix(SD) on the EOMA68-A20, I'd be willing to sponsor the cost of the
>preproduction hardware.  Please let me know so that we can discuss with
>lkcl and arrange it.
>
>`~Eric

Hey Eric, always exciting to see posts in in the lists for one project you're
interested in about other projects you're interested in.

For what its worth I will be receiving a preproduction unit from lkcl.  I will
prioritize whatever Luke needs first, but I would like to work on porting
GuixSD as it is my preferred distro and the best path forward for GNU.

That being said I'd encourage anyone else interested to peruse it as well as I
have no idea how long it may take me.