guix-devel

Re: Changing HTTP proxy settings in GuixSD

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Changing HTTP proxy settings in GuixSD
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 23:15:41 +0100

Hi Konrad,

Konrad Hinsen <address@hidden> skribis:

>> That error looks suspicious.  Perhaps you already know this, but it
>> probably means that the string "mirror.hydra.gnu.org" wound up being
>> used where a procedure should probably have been used instead.  For
>> example, in your Guile REPL, you can reproduce this kind of error like
>> this:
>>
>>     scheme@(guile-user)> ("this is not a procedure")
>>     ERROR: ERROR: Wrong type to apply: "this is not a procedure"
>
> Suspicious indeed...

It turned out to come from a typo in Guile 2.2’s web client, now fixed
here:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/commit/?h=stable-2.2&id=7d0d9e2c25c1e872cfc7d14ab5139915f1813d56

and I’ve done some monkey-patching here:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=59da6f04f45b36696a9385babab3080d7d854fba

I’ll update the ‘guix’ package soon so that this change is available to
daemon-side code such as ‘guix substitute’.  In the meantime you can run
the daemon from a checkout:

  sudo -E ./pre-inst-env guix-daemon …

For reference, I used this command to test proxy support:

  http_proxy=http://localhost:8118 \
  ./pre-inst-env guix download http://www.gnu.org

where Privoxy is listening to localhost:8118.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Ludo’.