guix-devel

Re: gcc-ddc

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: gcc-ddc
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 15:32:07 +0100

It seems, that the libtool file differences leak into the checksum.
I will try to contact developers on how to bypass that issue.

Gábor Boskovits writes:

> It seems, that I can make really good progress here.
> Now the only things that remain:

Great!

> The libtool .la files record the installation directory, these are textfile wrappers anyways, so I don't know if
> we should care about this.

How about asking the libtool developers?

> The mkheaders shell srcipt in install-tools record the installation directory, this is in source form by the
> way, so I don't know if we should care about this.

In a way similar to the libtool wrappers: the build is still
reproducible in a way; just harder to check with Guix.  Having
everything below /gnu/store/deadbeef-gcc-4.7.4 identical could be a
feature, but possibly something left for later.

> The only remainig problem is that the symbol executable_checksum in cc1 and cc1plus still differ. No other
> differences remained.

OK!

> I'm now investigating the checksum issue.

Great to hear your progress
janneke
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com