guix-devel

Re: Release!

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Release!
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 13:30:42 -0500

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 11:40:16AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>   1. Do we pre-register berlin’s key on GuixSD?

I vote yes.

>   2. Do we add berlin.guixsd.org to the list of substitute servers on
>      GuixSD?  On Guix?  The drawback is that ‘guix’ sometimes talks to
>      both servers when retrieve substitute lists, which can be slightly
>      slower/annoying, but otherwise I think it’s a win.

I think it's worth the extra source of substitutes. Since adding
berlin.guixsd.org to my list of substitute URLs, it seems like I need to
build less often.

In my experience, it's annoying to query multiple servers when my
network connection is slow or unreliable. But, it's also annoying in
that situation to need to download source files from a variety of
upstream sites.

> The main GuixSD annoying messages that I think we should address by
> Tuesday are:
>
>   1. “Error in finalization thread: Bad file descriptor” coming from the
>      Shepherd;

I'm not sure how to start debugging this :/ If I get some advice, I
could try to fix it on Sunday and Monday.

>   2. “udevd[304]: RUN{builtin}: 'uaccess' unknown
> /gnu/store/q7c8yayywf76ai3sgvz16pmbz07gj4bp-udev-rules/lib/udev/rules.d/73-seat-late.rules:15”

I haven't seen this one before.