guix-devel

Re: Release!

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Release!
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 20:32:58 +0100

Leo Famulari <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 11:40:16AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>>   1. Do we pre-register berlin’s key on GuixSD?
>
> I vote yes.
>
>>   2. Do we add berlin.guixsd.org to the list of substitute servers on
>>      GuixSD?  On Guix?  The drawback is that ‘guix’ sometimes talks to
>>      both servers when retrieve substitute lists, which can be slightly
>>      slower/annoying, but otherwise I think it’s a win.
>
> I think it's worth the extra source of substitutes. Since adding
> berlin.guixsd.org to my list of substitute URLs, it seems like I need to
> build less often.
>
> In my experience, it's annoying to query multiple servers when my
> network connection is slow or unreliable. But, it's also annoying in
> that situation to need to download source files from a variety of
> upstream sites.

I’d like to add berlin.guix.org to the list of default substitute
servers, but before I can allow this with a good conscience I need to
increase space on the head node.  We were very busy, so the new head
node and storage aren’t ready yet, and the old node that’s currently
coordinating builds on berlin.guix.org has very limited storage.

I’ll try to get the new storage ready on Monday.

>>   2. “udevd[304]: RUN{builtin}: 'uaccess' unknown
>> /gnu/store/q7c8yayywf76ai3sgvz16pmbz07gj4bp-udev-rules/lib/udev/rules.d/73-seat-late.rules:15”
>
> I haven't seen this one before.

I have seen it, but only when checking the output of dmesg.  I guess we
could just remove that rule.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net