guix-devel

Re: Problems with setting up prosody with IPv6 and certbot

From: Clément Lassieur
Subject: Re: Problems with setting up prosody with IPv6 and certbot
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 01:32:04 +0100

nee <address@hidden> writes:

> 4. Ipv6 is not enabled by default on GuixSD

All my GuixSD machines have IPv6 addresses, and I never did anything
special.

> Problem:
> With the default configuration `ifconfig`
> and `ip addr` did not show an ipv6 address for my server.
> This resulted in `prosodyctl check` printing:

> Checking DNS for host tomato.hidamari.blue...
>     tomato.hidamari.blue AAAA record points to unknown address
> 2a03:4000:1d:1cb::
>     Host tomato.hidamari.blue does not seem to resolve to this server (IPv6)
>     Only some targets for tomato.hidamari.blue appear to resolve to this
> server.
>
> Workaround:
> ip -6 addr add <my ipv6 address here> dev eth0
>
> Proper fix:
> I don't know. Something has to be changed about system/base.scm? I don't
> know what exactly it is.

Could you please display the output of "ip addr"?

I can imagine several reasons why the autoconfiguration of your IPv6
addresses didn't work:

1. your link-local address isn't unique,
2. your router didn't send Router Advertisements,
3. your server behaves like a router because IP forwarding is enabled
   (most likely).

See https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4862,
https://askubuntu.com/questions/114971/ipv6-auto-configuration-not-working
and