guix-devel

Re: FOSDEM 2018 and announcing a GNU Guix/Guile day!

From: ng0
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2018 and announcing a GNU Guix/Guile day!
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 20:40:17 +0000

Pjotr Prins transcribed 1.0K bytes:
> We are hosting a GNU Guix and Guile day on Friday before FOSDEM (that
> is Feb 2nd.). We have a large room for 40 people at http://icab.be/
> for the whole day. In the morning we'll have talks - and in the
> afternoon it is free discussion and hacking.
>
> Write Manolis, Ludo or me if you would like to give a talk.
>
> We'll want to record them, so if anyone here has a camera and is
> willing to help out we will be very grateful!
>
> We'll set up a registration page a few weeks in advance because we
> need to know how many lunches to order. Note you can also stay at
> ICAB. It is not expensive and I have heard it is pretty good.
>
> FOSDEM is one of the greatest free software events in the world with 2
> days of talks on some 30 tracks https://fosdem.org/2018/! You should
> consider going. Almost everyone I know who attends FOSDEM keeps coming
> back. There is something for everyone! Personally, I get inspired
> *every* time (sometimes detrimental to my free time the rest of the
> year).
>
> It is how I got to be part of Guix - it was a talk by Ludo. Hope to
> see you there!
>
> Pj.

For those who can not make it to the meeting - I'm still not sure if
it'll be financially and timewise good for me to attend - could you
try to hook the meeting / talk parts into mumble? In other words,
have one laptop joined on a mumble server and (ideally) let those
back at home participate. We've done this with at least the last
GNUnet eV meeting and a couple of secushare meetings.

You can use our mumble server on gnunet.org for this.

--
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588
GnuPG: https://c.n0.is/ng0_pubkeys/tree/keys